Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weekend update

Not really.

I worked out twice this week. Once on Tuesday, watching the Celtics REAM the Lakers. It was my first time working out without my "trainers". I did a bunch of sit-ups and push-ups, as well as some light weight work. I guess it worked as I was sore the next day.

Tonight I did my cardio with Trainer Bob. I also saw on-line this website called 100pushups.com. Evidently this guy has a program where you simply do push-ups a few times a week and in 6 weeks, you're supposed to be able to do 100. First off, you do as many as you can before you can do no more. I hit 26 before I pooped out. Of course, my excuse for not doing more is that I was sore from doing push-ups and chest work on Tuesday. However, when I first started doing them earlier this year, I was lucky to do 12, so I suppose 26 isn't bad.

Work has been interesting of late. We've had a VERY slow month. Business (sales) has been down. Our service has been down as well. We were the area's one service provider for a notebook brand, and now it turns out there's a competitor in Redmond, so our business has suffered because of that. My accountant resigned last week (though for the past year, she didn't really work full-time anyway), so that makes things nifty too. Throw in the fact that (and keep this on the d/l) our building may be sold, well, that's pretty freakin' peachy keen!

So exciting!

Needless to say, I am pumped for the show tomorrow at the High Dive. I've been spending a lot of button clicks sending out emails and blogs and videos and comments. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see just a few people, I have a feeling it should be a nice draw tomorrow night. At least it won't be for lack of trying. Byron created awesome posters. I dropped a handful off at the HD last week, so they can't complain about that.

Next week we make the drive to So. Cal! We figure it's cheaper than flying, plus we'll get to see the land! I'm looking forward to and dreading it all at once. Luckily, we found an old mp3 player that Haley has grown quite attached to so we'll load it full of showtunes and hit play. With any luck, she'll be good for the trip down.