Monday, May 02, 2016

11 months later

It's been almost a year. What's new with you?

What's new with me? Oh, you know. Same old stuff. Working, playing music, being a family guy, watching Game of Thrones, obsessing about watches.

I guess since last May, it's just been life as usual. We did refinance and remodel our kitchen as a result. Finally moved some of the house into the 21st century.

I've sold a handful of watches and purchased a bunch of watches. Most recently I picked up a couple of Wengers for my birthday.

Since last May, my little band, The Navins, has played out at least once every month. I think we took a break in April. We've written a handful of new songs and I'm singing more and more. It's been a lot of fun and we have some great shows lined up.

Kids are getting bigger and just growing up. No major dramas recently. Haley just turned 14 and is pretty stinking awesome. She's a great kid and I'm really proud of her. Riley is still Riley, loving his Minecraft videos and being an all-around cool dude. He recently discovered Marci's old Microsoft Band and he has been obsessed with wearing it all around to see how many steps he can get.

Marci is still working at Eastside Christian, managing our house and running her Plexus business. She stays really busy and I do what I can to handle the stuff to not make her too busy. She is headed to Las Vegas (!) in June for a Plexus convention. She's pretty stoked about that.

Work went through some transition earlier this year with one manager leaving and a new store manager coming aboard. She has really impacted us positively and it really is great going to work everyday knowing I have support and leadership. The associates are pretty much all onboard and we are moving in the right direction.

Kids are gonna be out of school soon. We don't have any vacation plans. Maybe we'll do a staycation again. Or, maybe a road trip. Who knows? Our car's lease is up in August and we've done some research on what we want. Leaning towards a Mazda CX-5 at this point. But we'll have to see what we can do with a down payment.

Anyway, once we get the bigger car, I think it would be cool to take it somewhere.

Ok. See you in a year.