Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Like a car crash, but better!

Now that I've restarted my blogging career again, I like to jump in my time machine and look at stuff I posted OVER 10 YEARS AGO.

There are references to stuff that was the norm back then. Like Myspace.com! LOL!

My kids were babies and my hair was short. I had just started corresponding with a band that I would play with for 7-8 years! I was still working for my dad and he was still alive!

Time moves on, don't it?

I do enjoy looking at the stuff every once in a few years, but some of it is just so...

EXCRUCIATING.

Not that it was poorly written (not me!) or stupid (definitely not me), but maybe I was trying too hard. I think part of it was simply trying to start a blog and figure out what I wanted to write about.

Turns out, now I don't care. I just write about whatever.

Like what happened to me last night.

On the way out the door from work, I will take a handful of cardboard and dump it in the cardboard compactor. I had my backpack, water bottle and the boxes. I chucked the boxes in and then headed for the car.

Two steps from the car I realized I didn't have my water bottle. I had put it in the boxes to carry out, and when I put it in the compactor, I forgot to grab it.

As Haley said when I got home, "R. I. P."

Of course, I posted a quick update on Facebook (which, incidentally, I don't think I was a part of when I started this blog), and got a heartfelt, "Nooooo," from a beloved co-worker.

I had another bottle I got as a birthday gift last year, so this morning, I filled it and off I went to work.

Day was slow, time dragged on. Then Laurel (said beloved co-worker) showed up with something, said it was for me.

New water bottle from REI!


Super thoughtful, super appreciated, totally unnecessary. Then again, she is super cool!

Anyway, stoked for the water bottle, looking forward to staying hydrated tomorrow.

And that's my blog post for today.