Saturday, May 07, 2016

I gotta stop reading old posts

I just like getting in the So Yummy Way Back Machine to see what kind of shenanigans I used to get into. I think my favorite ones are the ones about the kids.

I just read something about Haley losing a tooth and writing a letter to the Tooth Fairy. That was dated 2012, so she was 10-ish.

I also read something a few minutes ago from 2009 from when we first met Bella. That was pretty fun, too. Though, for some strange reason, I thought back then that Bella would slow down on a leash as she got older. That hasn't happened.

Saw some posts from when I first started at Microsoft in 2011. Now, almost 5 years later, I'm a grizzled old vet. Reading those early posts, I sound like such a baby.

It's sort of cool seeing those old posts about music too. I saw one about recording with the Scheme in 2012. Though we never officially disbanded, and there are talks about getting together for a few summer shows, I had forgotten when we recorded. David is putting the finishing touches on the songs he, Gregg and I recorded and they are sounding sweet. I even sang backing vocals on them and I think I hear myself on the songs and they seem to sound good!

In the meantime, here's a picture from April of everyone.