Sunday, September 07, 2008

On a much lighter note

I have a giant pimple on my chin. I haven't had a giant pimple on my chin for a long time. I wish I could say my body finally grew out of adolescence, but it'd be a big lie.

Since I was a teenager, I had bad skin. It wasn't pizza-face bad, but I'd get big pimples on my forehead, temples and chin. Every once in a while, I'd get a big one on my nose and it just sucked.

I'd come up with theories as to why I'd get them. I thought my face would be worse as the seasons changed. I tried avoiding fried foods (so yummy). I'd wash morning and night. I tried different products. Nothing worked for me.

My acne was deep-seated and hard to "eliminate". They'd be so hard to pop that I'd just end up aggravating the skin more than anything else.

This kept up even into my thirties. It was quite lame.

I'd tried Proactiv Solution, even. I figured with the complexions and their before/after shots on the commercials, it must stuff. I signed up and got the stuff, but, sadly it didn't work for me. Instead, it would bleach my towels, sheets and shirts and was a waste of $50 every 2 months or so. I canceled my membership and carried on. I was 32 with the complexion of a 12 year old.

I was complaining about my face to a friend at work and she suggested Proactiv again. I told her my story. She said hers was the same and she complained to them. The CSR suggested she try the Extra Strength Proactiv. Her skin cleared up! She had some extra solution and gave me some. I tried it and, surprisingly enough, it worked for me too!

Unfortunately, the bleach effects are still there. I've taken to Scotch-Guarding my shirt collars now.

I've been really happy with the results the past 2 years or so. I still get an occasional pimple from time to time. This renegade one on my chin is ready to go, but I'm not gonna force it. Like an apple, it'll ripen in time. Until then, I'll just pretend I'm in high school again.

Did I just blog about a zit?