Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This and that

Not much new to report. I worked out tonight for the first time in probably 2-3 months. Felt it too. I was so good for the first part of the year. Then we went on vacation and summer hit and I really slacked off.

We went and bought a blood pressure device and apparently my readings are a little high. The doctor said it's not terribly serious, but for my age, it could come down just a tiny bit. Exercise and eating habits are what needs changing the most, so exercise begins again.

I have a show booked for the Lunds for 10/17. I expect to see you all there. It's a Friday and it's at the Sunset. Trouble is, I can't seem to get any other bands to play it. Luckily it's not because they don't want to, it's that a bunch of band members are going out of town or playing other shows. I've asked the about 5 bands and they've all said no. So I have 2 feelers out to bands we've never played with and am anxiously awaiting their responses.

It's also been a long time since I rock and rolled. I played with the Lunds last Monday. Scheme practice was canceled last Thursday. Sean called of LB practice last night. I should have Scheme practice this Thursday. LB is off next Monday. Sheesh. I just want to play bass!

Haley has been hit and miss since Sunday's post. She's been good and she's been horrible. It's been frustrating and I'm trying so hard to be patient with her. It's tough.

She has been rockin' the Rock Band mic, though. That's been fun to do. In fact, both Haley and Rye love to play Rock Band with me. Heck, even Marci did when the family was over. I'll have to get my little family to join in one of these days.

What else, what else?

I guess that's it for now. Still obsessed with this little BlackBerry thing. It's got a steep learning curve, but dang, it's cool. iPhone what???

Off to bed now. Goodnight.