Monday, September 29, 2008

Smartphone

I was the lucky recipient of a BlackBerry Pearl 8120 smartphone today. My friend Julie's husband Rick had one for about 6 months and... he hated it. Evidently it was too much phone for him.

Coincidentally, my Palm bit the dust last week. I bought a battery for it and screwed up the install. Also coincidentally, that Palm was given to me by Julie.

Today Jules came in to help out a bit at work and gave me this BlackBerry. She didn't want anything in return, and, since I've been wanting to upgrade phones for some time but couldn't until April, I graciously accepted it.

Since then, I've been learning how to use this thing. It's got a steep learning curve, but I can already see how I'll be using it.

It's no iPhone, but for FREE, I'm not going to complain. Plus, the iPhone didn't float my boat when I messed with it last week. This BB? It's all me!

Thanks Julie!